Volunteer Orientation / Intro to AWC
Attending the Volunteer Orientation is recommended if you're interested in volunteering or are simply curious about AWC. At this free session held on the first Sunday of February through November, you'll learn about our mission and history, volunteer opportunities, and ways to support AWC's work. You'll meet some of the AWC staff and volunteers, have an opportunity to get answers to your questions, and enjoy a brief tour of our facility.
• Times: approximately 2-4PM
• Dress: comfortably (we’re mostly a jeans & t-shirt crowd)
• Fee: none, but there is an Oak Mountain State Park entrance fee: adults $3, children 6-11 $1 (children under 6 free), senior citizens 62+: $1
• Location: map & directions to AWC
If your schedule does not permit you to register in advance, you can simply arrive a few minutes early to complete your registration in person. Quiet children are invited to attend, but please note that the minimum age to volunteer is 18 (16 if accompanied by parent).
Questions? Email us! Or call (205) 663-7930, Ext. 3.
If you see this paragraph and the element below, then
your browser doesn't properly support cascading style sheets. Do not
change the values in the form elements below. They are used to prevent
spam bots from using this form to send spam.
* Indicates a required field