Since wild birds have no health insurance, AWC constantly struggles to provide care for so many injured and orphaned creatures in need. If you would like to help us keep our costs down by donating these items, they will be put to good use. We do have a limited amount of storage space, so please contact us if you would like to donate a large quantity.
Year-round Wish List
Baby Bird Wish List – items in high demand from April-August
Migratory Bird Wish List – items in high demand from September-March
HOT LIST -- great need for these items now:
- Toilet paper -- unscented
- Paper towels
- Garbage bags (13, 33, & 55 gallon)
- Laundry detergent -- unscented
- Paper grocery bags
- Cardboard moving boxes or similar: 12x12x12", 18x18x18", 24x24x24", etc.
- Insects: mealworms, wax worms, crickets, earthworms
- Fresh produce: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
- Gift cards: Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowe's
- Iams kitten food (purple bag)
- Black oil sunflower seed
- Wild bird seed mix
- Finch seed mix (with mostly white millet)
- Medical supplies: stainless-steel surgical grade scissors, hemostats
Our shipping address is 100 Terrace Drive, Pelham, AL 35124. If you have donations shipped to us, please be sure to let us know your name and address so we can thank you properly!
Questions? Contact us!